The Data Test Engineer will be responsible for overseeing and conducting conversion of data into insights to enable informed business decisions. You will be identifying data sources, operationalizing processes to ensure timely data loading and data validation and data analysis. You will be playing a key role in supporting business by developing logical and conceptual data flows, and creating efficient, reusable, and scalable data solutions in a dynamic business setting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform Data Validation/Reconciliation for data from multiple sources using Alteryx, Power BI, and similar tools.
- Design algorithms to automate data transformations in real-time, on schedule, or on-demand to support data cleansing or data reconciliation efforts.
- Provide data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable frameworks.
- Perform data analytics and reporting to generate insights and guide business decisions.
- Provide guidance to partner teams by establishing data dictionaries, data mapping and data patterns.
- Convert business requirements to design, identify tools and develop solutions.
- Support the teams in the selection and implementation of data analytics tools and frameworks that are suitable for their needs.
- Work with different teams to perform diagnostic analytics, prescriptive analytics, and descriptive analytics.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across business and technology to understand business requirements.
- Use industry tools such as Alteryx and Power BI to generate metrics and develop dashboards for insights and data visualization.
- Develop expertise on metadata, lineage, and business definitions to identify gaps and anticipate challenges.
- High School diploma or GED and a minimum of 5 years ETL experience, with focus on designing, building and executing algorithms for data manipulation, data validation, data reconciliation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an Agile methodology, participating in sprint planning, scrums, user story creation.
- Demonstrated experience presenting designs, methods, findings, results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Alteryx Designer Core.
- Experience with ETL and automated software testing in a banking environment and/or CSTP or CTFL certification preferred.
- Experience with Alteryx and other data analytics tools.
- Experience with Data Visualization and Business Analytics tools (such as Tableau/ Power BI).
- Experience with data flows, data cleansing, data wrangling, data structuring and data visualization.
- Experience with Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
- Relevant programming skills (such as Python).
- Strong understanding of data base across cloud native, on-prem and hybrid architecture.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects, requiring work prioritization, and remaining cool under pressure.
- Excellent time management, planning and multi-tasking skills to support more than 1 campaign at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, phone, video, etc.).
- Other good to have exposure or skills: Big Data, Machine Learning, Predictive Analysis.