As a Banking Integration Project Manager, you will be responsible for planning, overseeing and leading integration projects from beginning to completion. This involves interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders and requires management of several moving project parts simultaneously.
You are expected to work with internal and external Clients very closely and bring projects to completion on time, within budget and within scope. You will manage a project team, assigning responsibilities for tasks associated with the project, and monitor and summarize progress of the project.
With strong skills around planning, budgeting, monitoring, and reporting, you are the bridge between upper management and the team executing the tasks of the project.
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities.
- Understanding technical integration technologies such as API operations and XML and JSON concepts, as well as other web and database technology so decisions can be made on project plan requirements and where appropriate doing minor coding to support the technical requirements.
- Lead and motivate teams that translate banking needs into supportable technical solutions
- Define stakeholders, objectives, scope, risks, and success criteria
- Produce the appropriate level of documentation relevant to the client and project, such as charters, SOWs, work breakdown structures, RACIs, risk management plans, communications plans, and change management plans.
- Manage the expectations of client stakeholders, the project team and SureStep management
- Define project schedules in units of trackable work that are understandable to client, stakeholders, project team members and the SureStep management team
- Acquire client and internal management approvals at various project gates.
- Monitor project schedules – identifying and addressing project issues, escalating when necessary.
- Ensure work/product quality is reviewed via Quality Control methodology prior to deployment
- Manage project communications to include the sharing of team meeting minutes, project status reports, and issue/risk logs.
- Manage costs, budgets and vendor contracting as appropriate to the client and project
- Ensure management is apprised of project P&L status throughout project lifecycles
- Enforce change management process
- Ensure key project documents remain up to date throughout the project life cycle
- Create and implement detailed Go Live Plans.
- Manage transition of project products from project teams to client support teams
- Execute lessons learned and reporting challenges to appropriate internal parties to ensure processes and policies are improved upon.
- Complete final project reports and disseminate to stakeholders
- Represent SureStep priorities and requirements in communications with the client
- Participate and lead company resource planning
- Perform other duties as required
- Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field
- Desired: PMP accreditation, MuleSoft and/or Informatica
- Proven work experience as a Project Manager
- Proven work experience in integration
- Proven work experience in banking
- Minimum of ten (10) years in a similar role
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Strong communicator, outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and projects
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Expertly able to manage situational conflict
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Ability to see strategic vision
- Proactive in creating and executing financial plans
- Enhanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Adherence to best practices
- Ability to contribute to planning and support processes
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate option in the short, medium, and long term
- Attention to detail
- Able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects and evaluate systematically
- Adapts to different situations and draws from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Strong Familiarity or history of managing projects involving integration tooling such as Kafka, MuleSoft, PowerCenter, DataBricks, Spark, and others