Under minimal supervision, the QA Lead will define testing strategy, and will have overall responsibility for all QA testing activities across a major transformative program that is defining. Apply knowledge and experience with integration, system, performance, UAT and regression testing, to supervise the planning and execution of manual and/or automated testing in both traditional and Agile project methodologies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountability for all test strategy, design, execution and reporting within a given program, striving for highest levels of quality.
- Work with the Program Manager and other leads within the program to ensure alignment of business, technology and execution at the program level.
- Establish quality metrics for the program and the methods for collecting those metrics and communicate qualitative and quantitative testing status to program management and key stakeholders.
- Ensure test coverage of requirements meets acceptance criteria.
- Create and maintain comprehensive reusable test pack.
- Drive program QA team resource planning to meet program timeline and priorities.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to QA team members.
- Provide guidance to the QA team to immediately and directly identify opportunities to design test cases for automation.
- Provide guidance around the defect management process, including impact analysis and prioritization.
- Enforce project testing standards, tools, templates and methods.
- Participate in, and/or facilitate, discussions to anticipate and resolve conflicts, and to ensure traceability and completion of deliverables when necessary.
- Provide direction and/or input into Program planning and project change requests.
- Proactively manage program-level issues & risks; escalate to Program Manager and/or Sponsors as appropriate.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of 7 years of overall Quality Assurance experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of QA leadership/management experience.
- Experience with programming for test automation.
- Experience with software testing in a banking environment and/or CSTP or CTFL certification is preferred.
- Experience working within a complex program structure containing many sub projects.
- Experience Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in test planning, test execution, and defect management.
- Experience in planning and scheduling the work of a distributed team of 5-10 QA testers.
- Experience with UI automation tools (such as Selenium). Experience with Data Analytics tools (such as Tableau/ Power BI).
- Experience with API testing tools (such as SoapUI / Postman).
- Experience with agile workflow tools (such as JIRA/ HP ALM/ Azure DevOps).
- Experience with performance/scalability testing.
- Excellent time management, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, phone, video, etc.).
- Other good to have experience: banking core transformation, finance transformation, SAP (or other ERP program), Salesforce (or other CRM program).
- Other good to have exposure or skills: Lightning Component Framework, Apex, Visualforce, Automated Performance Testing, Automated Security Testing (SCA, DCA, PEN).