Under minimal supervision, you must be able to create technical articles and documentation to enhance knowledge transfer of new products, software releases and test cases. Outstanding English language skills, a curiosity for technology, a passion for creating useful technical content, and an interest in single-sourcing content is a must for this role.
You will be able to work with internal resources to gather, write, and publish technical information for varied audiences. As a successful Quality Assurance Analyst at SureStep, you’re motivated, passionate, and thrive in the fast-paced culture of a dynamic and evolving company.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Test both the product and its documentation for accuracy and consistency.
- Identify problem areas or structural deficiencies and proactively contribute to their improvement.
- Ensure test coverage of requirements meets acceptance criteria.
- Create and maintain comprehensive reusable test pack (where applicable).
- Ensure quality assurance meets project timelines and priorities
- Review and update impact analysis in the defect management process. Upon completion, review with the development team.
- Ensure user interfaces are user friendly and informative.
- Consult with production and ensure all products are built with a high-quality standard.
- Work with clients during user acceptance testing to identify true defects and execute remediation of same.
- Enforce project testing standards, tools, templates, and methods.
- Create in-depth user guides, FAQs, technical overviews, and in-product help documentation.
- Experience in prioritizing and understanding the lifecycle of documentation from pre-release through on-going maintenance.
- Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc
- Management of incoming tickets from clients is
- Desired: Bachelor’s Degree, in computer science (or related field) with a secondary focus on English, Writing or Communications
- 5 years of Quality Assurance with technical documentation (or related field)
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
Knowledge, Skills, & Competency
- Adapt rapidly to a changing industry and be able to adjust responsibilities, time, and objectives accordingly.
- Experience in creating documentation for audiences with different levels of technical skill.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Ability to read some programming code.
- Experience in presenting technical information in a live setting, such as classroom training, presentations, or video conference.
- Strong visual inspection skills
- Written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication and active listening skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent time management skills / ability to establish priorities