You will ensure that the architecture and software design is both fit for purpose, understood and agreed by the team, implemented as intended and aligned with the Enterprise-wide guiderails and policies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work alongside your product manager to understand end user challenges and future ambition through a deep understanding of current state processes and constraints.
- Help your customers and product manager realize the possibilities of both the technology, and methods of enabling (feature toggling, A/B testing)
- Create software and solution designs that the team can work with to deliver the outcomes required through initial MVP and subsequent iterative cycles of development.
- Promote an evolutionary architectural approach, allowing designs to evolve as new information becomes available.
- Create unambiguous architectural direction for the team in alignment with Enterprise ambition and strategy.
- Ensure the team considers operational concerns when building solutions (monitoring, logging, deployment)
- Balance short term tactical decisions with longer term aspirations to ensure that technical debt is kept at an acceptable level.
- Work across teams to support the creation of non-functional requirements, including but not limited to performance thresholds and security considerations.
- Engage as a member of an architectural community of practice, supporting fellow architects, knowledge sharing and establishing policies, blueprints, and codified architectural patterns.
- Work with the teams to answer questions through prototyping and spike development.
- Work with the team to clearly define acceptance criteria for stories of architectural significance.
- Advise the product manager and teams during the prioritization of features and stories.
- Support individual product teams, as assigned.
- Review code and sprint output to ensure that the architectural intent has been realized.
- A deep understanding of technology and technology trends.
- Experience across a variety of architectures, technologies and approaches beyond Cloud
- Excellent understanding of PaaS (ideally Azure), SaaS and IaaS; Cloud native design how this technology can be best utilized to increase team velocity and reduce cost of ownership using cloud first approach.
- Excellent knowledge of integration patterns (API, pub/sub, ETL) and the design/build of them using enterprise integration platforms (MuleSoft, Kafka, Azure Integration Services)
- Understanding of Event driven microservice architectures; benefits, patterns, pitfalls and operational considerations
- Experience with container technology (Docker / K8 / Azure AKS), sidecar patterns
- Experience with serverless compute
- Experience with Hybrid cloud implementations
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Experience with highly Secure and Highly available architecture
- A good grasp of the importance of data, recognizing the value of acting on empirical evidence.
- An ability to translate end user outcomes into technology designs.
- An ability to work closely with software engineers to resolve ambiguity and to impart an architectural intent.
- An ability to work with non-technical people to describe topics of a technical nature.
- Ability to work within a team, to enjoy being challenged, and to enjoy challenging others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or related technology disciplines, with minimum 10 years technology experience in a large global organization supporting large multi-pillar global initiatives and teams. Additionally, with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in at least three of the following IT Solution design disciplines:
- Information & Data architecture
- Business architecture
- Application architecture
- Software System Design
- Infrastructure architecture
- Information Security architecture & data privacy
- Integration architecture
- Prior knowledge and experience (2+ year) in a Financial Service industry in any of the following business areas (including, but not limited to understanding business practices & processes, understanding and analyzing competitive situations, and regulatory climate of the industry)
- Retail Bank
- Commercial Bank
- Proven expertise in solution design best practices including agile and waterfall methodologies