The Technical Documentation Specialist is to document and organize technical knowledge. You will translate complex core technologies into simple, polished and engaging content. You will keep everything documented in an organized manor and with a cohesive look.
You will be working closely with technical experts to create standard operating procedures. In addition to updating and tracking changes to policies and procedures.
- Refine the organizational strategy for company’s technical knowledge base.
- Continually improve technical content and increase internal efficiency and productivity by researching the latest tools and methods, proposing new ways of working, and training others on the new methods.
- Collaborate across cross-functional teams by gathering stakeholder requirements and building consensus but also working independently as needed to develop solutions and troubleshoot issues.
- Grow and maintain a digital library of technical documentation that includes reports, internal and external published scientific papers, technical specifications, operating procedures, drawings, etc.
- Develop and implement templates and procedures for consistent documentation.
- Oversee a formal change management process for product data and documentation.
- Develop policies and procedures for managing content. Serve as a resource for technical staff for locating internal information.
- Work with marketing, professional services, partners, and customer support to ensure all aspects of technical content are well documented and communicated to all stakeholders.
- Desired: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Technology or Business-related field
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience within the Banking or Financial Services sector.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Willingness to learn, ability to quickly grasp new scientific and technical concepts.
- Analytical thinking with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Efficient communicator, highly collaborative.
- Proficient in Office 365 and MS Teams.
- Experience using project planning software and familiar with organization principals within them.